- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours Class I & University Medal)
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology
- Doctor of Philosophy
Previous Academic Appointments
- Lecturer - Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney (2008-2009)
Concurrent Professional Activity
- Clinical Psychologist - Private Practice
- Analytical Thinking - Course Coordinator, Lecturer (/current_students/doc_syllabus/2010_S1_ATHK1001.pdf)
- Psychology for Social Work, Mental Health Lecture Series - Lecturer
Associated Academic Roles
- Research supervision
- Statistical consultation and advice
- Quantitative Methodology: Development and validity of approaches to psychological testing. The application of advanced techniques of data analysis to individual differences and clinical psychological constructs.
- Depression: Issues of definition of depression, particularly with regard to separating clinical and non-clinical populations. Dimensional models of depressive symptomatology. The connection of depression with the experience of negative life events.
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Development and evaluation of effective learning techniques in undergraduate tertiary study. Methods of evaluation of learning outcomes.
Publications and Presentations
- Karlov, L., Charles, M., & McDonald R.P. (submitted). Modelling the symptoms of major depression by item response theory.
- Karlov, L., Charles, M., & McDonald R.P. (submitted). Major depression and melancholia: Are they qualitatively the same?
- Harris, J.A., Karlov, L. & Clifford, C.W.G. (2006) Localization of tactile stimuli depends on conscious detection. Journal of Neuroscience, 26, 948-952.
- Drury, H., Johnston, J., Hancock, D., Yalcin, A. & Karlov, L. (2005) The cycle of innovation: using student feedback in the ongoing development of online report writing programs in the sciences. Presentation at Teaching & Learning Showcase 2005, College of Sciences & Technology, University of Sydney.
- Karlov, L. (2004) Measuring self-esteem: A critical investigation of the Coopersmith Self-Esteem Inventory. Australian Journal of Psychology: Combined Abstracts of 2004 Psychology Conferences, 56, 195.