As the students go through the step-by-step instructions, we recommend you pause when they have all reached the end of a page of instructions, and discuss with them what they've learned.
Installing Simbrain 3
Download the latest version of SimBrain. The tutorials were tested with Simbrain3.0.
- Uncompress the downloaded .zip file (on Mac by double clicking it, on Windows by right-clicking and selecting "extract archive")
- Copy the folder to each of the machines the students will be using.
- Inside the "workspaces" subfolder, put this one, after you uncompress it.
- Have the students begin by double-clicking on Simbrain ('Simbrain.jar') and opening, inside the 3014 workspaces subfolder, autoAssociatorPart1.zip. Instructions will pop up in a window.
- After completing that part, they should then do autoAssociatorPart2.zip, then chasing_part1.zip, then chasing_part2.zip.
My old blog posts about Simbrain and this tutorial